According to MUW’s Development Strategy for the years 2017-2020, the main current needs of the Faculty of Pharmacy in the context of internationalisation are: opening of English Division at the Faculty of Pharmacy, preparation of scientific and didactic staff in terms of conducting courses in multi-cultural environment, starting cooperation with foreign lecturers.
The aim of the project will be the increase in internationalisation of the MUW’s Faculty of Pharmacy by means of preparation and implementation of 2 editions of the English-language programme “Different levels of drug interaction” (VaLDIs).
The target group of the project will be 100 people (50F and 50M) – foreign students (from 2nd semester of the 3rd year of studies) – with basic knowledge of pharmacology, interested in broadening their knowledge of interactions of pharmacologically-active substances at the level of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics with other healing substances and food ingredients, food supplements and herbs.
- increase in the competences of academic teachers of the MUW’s Faculty of Pharmacy in: conducting e-courses, inter-cultural communication and communication targeted at cooperation-building,
- promotional activities and recruitment of programme participants,
- substantive preparation of the programme,
- implementation of 2 editions of VaLDIs programme, with the participation of the visiting professor: first pilot one, second edition modified as per the evaluation results for the 1st edition,
- purchase of necessary equipment and materials essential for conducting the programme.
Benefits from the project: preparation of scientific and didactic staff of MUW’s Faculty of Pharmacy in terms of conducting courses in multi-cultural environment, in on-line formula; scientific and didactic staff’s acquisition of practical experience in preparation and implementation of the intensive international education programme (IMPK); implementation of the first intensive international education programme at the Faculty of Pharmacy.