- NAWA STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAMME
NAWA STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAMME
The Director of the National Agency for Academic Exchange has announced the call for applications under the Strategic Partnerships Programme whose aim is to support HEIs in the development of sustainable solutions within didactic, research and implementation cooperation performed as part of international strategic partnerships. The project results should be a basis for development of the entities of the Partnership. The Projects implemented under the Programme must match the long-term development policy of the applying unit.
Due to the limited number of applications to be submitted by the University (3 applications), kindly prepare the project initiative on the attached template and send the electronic version (signed scan) within 15 November 2021 by 4.00 p.m. to: email@example.com.
Under the project, the Applicant is obliged to plan activities related to didactics, scientific research or implementation. The activities indicated in the application for funding should be targeted at initiating international institutional cooperation. It is allowed to perform particular activities separately with each of the Strategic Partners
The proposed activities must very well match the development strategy and internationalisation strategy of the Applicant and the objectives of the partnership concluded between the institutions
The project activities may be related to the following topics:
- organisation of an ex-change/lectures/study visits/industrial fellowships for students, doctoral stu-dents and HEI’s Staff in the Partners’ or entrepreneurs’ seats, including access of the persons involved in conducting scien-tific research and developmental studies to R&D centres of the enterpris-es/Partners;
- development or preparation of new and innovative education tools and methods at the Applicant’s and Partners’;
- development of modern didactic materi-als which can be applied in the Appli-cants’ and Partners’ activity;
- development and performance of high-quality mutual studies leading to reach-ing a shared or individual diploma;
- conducting common research and de-velopment studies in international di-mension by the Applicant and Partners (cooperation with entrepreneurs may not be conducted for profit) as well as presentation and publication of the re-sults of those studies;
- development and implementation of the strategy for dissemination of effects of the research conducted by the Applicant and Partners;
- development of the quality management system in partner institutions as regards raising of the education quality;
- entering into cooperation with foreign entrepreneurs in order to adapt the Ap-plicant’s educational offer to market needs.
The submitted application for funding must include a detailed description of the key area of cooperation which will be initiated and performed within the Project with each of the Strategic Partners. It is allowed to perform activities which are beyond the scope indicated above; however, it is necessary to present a detailed justification for the proposed activities and costs.
POSSIBILITY TO PERFORM THE PROJECT IN A PARTNERSHIP FORMULA
The Programme requires the performance of the project in a partnership formula with at least one of the Strategic Partners.
Strategic Partners in the project must be HEIs or scientific units which are located and registered abroad and are not financed from Polish budget funds and which have signed the letter of intent with the Applicant.
The number of strategic partners in the project may be from 1 to 6 institutions.
The Supporting Partner can be entities from Poland, belonging to the category of eligible Applicants – the maximum number of supporting partners is 2.
In the Project Initiative there must be obligatorily indicated the Strategic Partners and Supporting Partners (if applicable) that will be involved in the project.
The implementation of a single Project may last from 12 to 24 months, between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2024.
The amount of funding allocated for the implementation of a single Project is a maximum of PLN 2 000 000.
- Costs of remuneration for the persons directly involved in the Project imple-mentation:
1. Costs of employment contracts, specific-task bonuses or other remuneration components;
2. Costs of civil-law contracts (including contracts with the Applicant’s employees or external experts and co-workers).
Note: the total amount of the remuneration costs may not exceed 30% of the Project value.
- Travel expenses and costs of living in-curred in connection with the Project implementation:
- travel expenses and costs of living of the Applicant’s employees incurred in rela-tions to domestic and foreign trips es-sential for the Project implementation;
- travel expenses and costs of living of the persons co-implementing the Project (e.g. students, experts, speakers) in-curred in relations to domestic and for-eign outbound and inbound trips essen-tial for the Project implementation;
- travel expenses cover in particular the costs of travelling from the place of liv-ing to the destination, visa fees, costs of health insurance, third-party liability in-surance, accident insurance;
- the costs of living cover in particular the costs of accommodation and allowanc-es
- Costs of organisation of or participation in meetings, conferences, fairs or other events in the country or abroad:
- Costs of renting rooms/halls, equipment, sound systems;
- Hotel services (e.g. accommodation for experts, speakers) and catering (coffee breaks, lunch);
- Preparation of conference materials (in-cluding the costs of reproduction of the materials, purchase of office and con-sumables for the purposes of the organ-ised event);
- Costs of spreading the information on the planned event (e.g. Internet advertis-ing);
- Other costs directly related to the organ-isation of the event.
- Costs of purchasing other goods and services necessary for the Project im-plementation:
- design, editing, typesetting and print of information materials and publications (e.g. research results, manuals, hand-book);
- costs of translation;
- purchase of educational materials of in-ternational range;
- cost of publication of articles and other elaborations in journals of international range;
- purchase of consumables for research preparation (e.g. necessary reagents, small-sized research materials, etc.);
- Other costs directly related to Project implementation and necessary to achieve its objectives.
Deadline for submitting applications to NAWA: 13 January 2022 by 15:00.
Below is the link to call documentation:
Project Initiative – file for download